Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a harmonious symphony of flavors in our sizzling Bacon Kale Grits extravaganza! Picture this: velvety smooth grits infused with smoky bacon goodness, dancing with the vibrant hues of sautéed kale. As each forkful transports you to a realm of savory delight, the crispy bacon adds a satisfying crunch, while the tender kale leaves provide a refreshing touch of green perfection. This recipe is a culinary adventure that seamlessly marries Southern comfort with a nutritious twist, leaving you craving seconds and dreaming of bacon kale grits long after your last bite. Prepare to embark on a mouthwatering journey that'll have you exclaiming, "Grits, greens, and bacon—oh my!"
Bacon slice (chopped)
Parmesan cheese (grated)
Black pepper, to taste
Super Magic Taste chili crisp
- In a medium-sized pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of grits. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until the grits are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.**
- While the grits are cooking, cook the bacon in a separate skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped kale Super Magic Taste chili crisp and cook till willted .
- When the grits are done, stir in the cooked bacon, wilted kale, grated Parmesan cheese, and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Super Magic Taste chili crisp.
Chef tips* Semolina flour can be substituted as well ** Super Magic Taste chili crisp oil can be added here for more spice